diumenge, 19 d’octubre del 2014

Introducing myself...

Hi,
my name is Lluïsa and, as this is my first post, I would like to introduce myself a little bit. I'm a Primary Education third-year student in the Universitat de Barcelona, but I'm from Mallorca, a beautiful island in the middle of the Mediterranian sea. I'm a very active and curious person and I really enjoy being outdoors.

                                  A view of Mallorca from the aeroplane going to Barcelona

To better explain my expectations related to this English subject... I want to point out how I was taught English since I was in preschool: it's clear that it wasn't very useful for me due to the lack of practice of the language and the boring lessons. So now I'm looking foward to learn some dynamic school supplies to teach English fostering its practice.

My group...
Is composed by four nice students apart from me. Their names are: Gemma, Ana, Nerea and Èrica. Our name is "English Pitinglish", an expression we have used throughout our lives to refer ourselves to the English subject. I think it will be a great experience to work with them!

From my point of view, an ideal English teacher would be the one who, among other aspects, knows English very well and also knows how to motivate their pupils in order to get a meaningful learning. It involves planning creative and participative lessons in very different environments. To sum up, that's the kind of teacher I would like to be, but there are still many, many things to learn!


1 comentari:

  1. I totally agree with you Lluïsa! I also find very important to motivate your students to achieve a meaningful learning, so we should take into account their needs and their interests. I think that when we were children the teachers focused more in following the book and not in introducing different methodologies and resources, but now we are the ones who can change that! :)

    ResponElimina