diumenge, 25 de gener del 2015

CONCLUSIONS



Before starting my reflection of the subject I think it is necessary to mention some previous ideas I had some months ago. Until now, my experience with English lessons in schools was basically a bunch of bored grammar activities that aren’t as meaningful as they should be. It is true that most of our classes had a lack of practice of all the skills. I sometimes wondered, as all teachers should do, how could I improve my teaching in the future doing meaningful lessons – because as Einstein said “Learning is experience. Everything else is just information.”

Now, after having studied this subject I can state that I have learned some strategies and I’m very glad to have been able to change my point of view regarding English lessons. I’m actually more motivated because I have many different tools to teach. For example, I have done a scrapbook with all the main contents of the subject all gathered together, I have discovered some online tools… among much more useful teaching ideas!  

Regarding the online tools, I have to recognize it was complicated for me at the beginning to understand how they work, but now I’m sure I have set up the most useful educational tools – not only for the present but also for the future. They allow us to share and organize information.  

If I had to point out something that I have really learnt, among many other things, I would choose the way to plan a unit project and the lessons. We have learnt how to do coherent lesson plans as well as meaningful activities practicing all the skills through different ways, looking at the group as different people who have different ways of learning, using as much as varied resources as we can, et. It is a good teaching practice.

To sum up, I believe it’s very difficult to realize  the impact this subject has had on me, but I have many evidences that show me it’s has been very useful. What I know is that it has given me the key to start being a better teacher, however, I know I have to improve my skills throughout my entire professional career. I’m willing to do that because teachers are who lead the education in order to form students that will lead the world.

 
 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada